Monday, December 10, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

     This week has been CRAZY!!! First, a bit of good news-- I've finished what I started so long ago. I've earned my Degree in Nursing!!! Words cannot explain where my heart is right now, but I can say this: I couldn't have done any of this without him. I'm here to tell you that GOD is GOOD!


     Oh...how he loves me. He takes care of all our needs. He forgives even when we doubt and sin. He listens to my prayers and knows me better than I know myself. He's the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life and oh how I love Him. Throughout my adult life, I've kept one scripture in my heart and mind: Proverbs 3:5-6. There are times when I felt tested. There are times when I was disappointed. There were even times when I questioned my faith and Him and each time, He showed me better than anyone could tell me.


     This Nursing school thing started out as a dream, then a whim, then reality set in. I'm a single mama with a dozen kids and not the best support system. How on earth was I going to do this when I was just barely hanging on??? Then, I prayed about it. Not only did I want to be a Nurse but I wanted to make sure that I took something from it. I wanted to make sure that my patients got something from me and that I would grow as a person with each and every encounter. Well...He gave me what I asked for. I can remember almost all of my patients and their situations have demonstrated to me that there are always people who are worse off so I have to be thankful for where I'm at and what I have.


     It's still just sinking in. This is real. Yes-- I did it! And life is going to be so much easier from here on out. I'm looking forward to Graduation this week. I look forward to being pinned and seeing my classmates for the last time all in one room. We came a long way together and boy aren't we gonna make some wonderful Nurses!?! I can't wait to take my NCLEX-RN exam. I can't wait to join that workforce doing something that I really want to do. Most of all, I can't wait to take my kids places they haven't been before, do new things, gain new hobbies, and put a little more in that collection plate. Yep-- life and God are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment