Now that I'm an adult, whenever I'm displeased, I complain. Big time. And...I don't like it. At all. The spirit of negativity is hard to carry around all day. It eats me up on the inside and my cheerful optimism is replaced with a red-eyed beast that's always ready to let someone have it.
So...I've decided to start looking at things the other way around. Follow me.
- Twelve kids are a bit much... On the other hand, God gave me a dozen blessings who fill my days with love and adventure.
- Teenagers. Need I say more... On the other hand, one of these days, they're going to grow up and start their own families and I'm going to be there to spoil their kids 10x more rotten. Ha!
- One of my oldest and dearest friends is slowly but surely slipping away... On the other hand, He sees my sadness and comforts me. I'm able to enjoy this little bit of time that we have left. Memories will sustain me.
- Nursing school is tortuous and long... On the other hand, it's been my dream over half my life and Nursing is all that I've ever wanted to do.
- Life is short and cruel. Those patients really suffer... On the other hand, this whole experience has taught me to stop and watch the clouds and the sun, the moon and the stars. (Yes, I really do that.) This is the only time in existence that I'll have the pleasure of enjoying it.
- Financially, I'm not where I want to be...not yet... On the other hand, when I get there, I'll appreciate it a whole lot more. Better believe it. Ben Franklin will beg for air before he leaves my pocketbook.
- Bills, bills, bills... On the other hand, I'm lucky and blessed to have an address for a bill to come to. It could be worse. I could be sleepy under a bridge or in a car.
- My car doesn't understand the meaning of fuel economy... On the other hand, I don't have to walk or be stuck in the elements.
- Spiritually, I feel like I'm not as convicted as I should be...On the other hand, He has his arms outstretched and waiting. He keeps me from falling.
My point is that I have to stop seeing all the bad and start finding the good in everything. I posted this on Facebook and boy does it remind me of me.
Wish me the best of luck and have a great day everybody!