Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Glorifying Him

     These past few weeks haven't been my personal best but life goes on. One of my daughters has decided to test my waters. The baby boy has some sort of cardiac arrythmia that requires the pediatric cardiologist. The straw that broke the camel's back was that my car died and I was faced with quitting school, no transportation to work, and endless worrying. I had been praying for months that the Good Lord would bless me with another minivan. I prayed many, many days for months. I just didn't know that He would take one thing and make it another.

     Yesterday, my engine finally gave out. I was terrified because I've always had a car since I was 20 and I didn't think that it was feasible to take 10 kids on a bus every time we needed to get up and go. I live out near a small town and buses don't run through there that often. Plus, it's almost a mile to the bus stop and that's a lot of walking! I was thinking of church trips, their schools, my school, my job...my mind was everywhere! I don't have the finances right now to live the way that I want to and struggling is my middle name. I'm thrifty but it's tiresome and I just couldn't see an end to a bad situation.

     So...I did the only thing that I knew to make the impossible possible. I put it in His hands.
I prayed long and hard. I prayed softly and sweetly. In the end, tearfully, I threw my hands up, got on, my sore knees, and just gave it to Him. In the end, He did what He always does; took my pain and worry and turned it around for the best. I just had to take this moment to Glorify the One who loves me the most.

1 comment:

  1. Turning it over to HIm is always the best (and only) way we can even survive these tough times. I am praying for you that He will answer your prayers in unique ways. Hoping and praying the best for your situation.

    ReplyDelete