Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jesus Take The Wheel

My life is pretty hectic but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have seven daughters, five sons, and one granddaughter. I have a full-time job, a part time job, and I'm a nursing student. I have found that life sometimes gets in the way but the one thing that is constant is God.
  
      When I feel alone...I take my loneliness to him.

     When I just want to give up, He tells me to stay strong and tough it out.

     He doesn't remind me of my mistakes or punish me over and over. He just loves me. He loves us.
    
     Right now, I don't go to church like I want to because I can't seem to find the right one. Other than having 12 kids, I'm a pretty conservative person. My older kids think that their Mama is just down right old fashioned. I can't help it. Some things, I just feel in my bones.
    
     I've been praying that God helps me to become closer to Jesus. I know he's my Savior but I want a personal relationship with him, too. I struggle inside myself everyday to do what's right but it doesn't always work out that way. I'm a work in progress. I listen to a little bit of everything and I love this song by Carrie Underwood called "Jesus Take the Wheel". Inadvertantly, that song is my testimony. It makes me cry everytime I hear it but that's ok. I feel better every time I listen to it.
    
     I was reading my sister-in-law's blog one day and I started to read some of the blogs that she follows. Those women really inspire me. Really inspire me. I don't think that they know how much their simple words and phrases mean to someone like me whose trying to find her way. Really, it was blessing. My favorite one is "Embracing My Cup". Erin's blog is absolutely beautiful and amazing. She seems to live the kind of life that I want.
    
     I have to go now but before I do, I want to leave whoever's reading with a parting thought. I know that life is hard and nobody's perfect. I've gotten to the point where I don't fight that anymore. The one thing, I do know is that God loves each of us no matter what. There's nothing that he won't forgive as long as you repent. Thank God for his saving Grace.      


                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment